Faithful Friends provides a safety net for pets and people in need. As a national health crisis continues to create uncertainty for families and pets and while our Governor has tightened social interaction restrictions and closed non-essential businesses, our lifesaving work for animals and those who care for them is essential.
Today, our work continues. We continue to care for over 200 animals in our shelter – adoptable cats and dogs, as well as cats in our sanctuary care program; provide pet food and supplies to pet owners in crisis; provide medical and behavior support to 100 dogs and cats in loving foster homes.
How can you help?
Adopt – Foster – Donate!
ALL DONATIONS UP TO $50,000 WILL BE MATCHED!
We can get through this together. It’s the perfect time to open your heart and home to a shelter pet. Since this crisis began, our staff and volunteer teams have been working extremely hard to move dogs and cats into loving homes. Our $25 Off Adoption Special is still going on and we are happy to share that in March, almost 70 cats and over 30 dogs were adopted to forever homes. Also, thanks to a tremendous response from the community many more animals were moved to temporary, loving foster homes.
The only thing contagious about the animals is their unconditional love.
We still need adoptive and foster homes for adult cats. If you have space in your heart and home to adopt or foster pet, please use the contacts below. Don’t quarantine alone – add the love and companionship of an adorable cat!
Thanks to your continued support our essential services will continue for the pets and people who need us; we have only changed how we deliver them. Out of caution and concern for our employees, volunteers and supporters; and in compliance with the restrictions set in place by Governor John Carney, Faithful Friends will be making the following changes to our shelter and clinic operations.
Changes to shelter and clinic operations, effective March 24, 2020:
All shelter operations (adoptions, surrender requests, fostering) will continue by appointment only.
Please use the following contacts to make appointments:
- Cats – Adoption or Surrender Inquiries: email@example.com
- Cats – Foster Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dogs – Adoption or Foster Inquiries: email@example.com
- Dogs – Surrender Inquiries: Complete the Request to Surrender form: https://faithfulfriends.us/resources/animal-intake/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Pet Food & Supply Bank will continue to be available to pet owners in crisis and those caring for colony cats during regular business hours:
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 1-7pm and Saturdays from Noon-5pm.
Those arriving to either donate food to the food bank or obtain food for their pet will see instructions on the shelter door to call and be connected to one of our onsite staff for assistance.
- Critical food bank need: cat food (dry and wet)
- Volunteer service/activity will be temporarily suspended until further notice. If you are a current, trained volunteer and have the ability to help in emergency situations, please contact email@example.com
- We will be temporarily closing our Community Veterinary Clinic with a goal to re-open in May. We encourage those who need to have their pet seen by a veterinarian to contact our life saving partners, the Delaware SPCA’s veterinary clinic is opened and to schedule an appointment (www.delspca.org / (302) 998-2281), or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be scheduled sometime after May 16th.
Your financial support is URGENTLY needed now – more than ever!
For the last 20 years Faithful Friends has been able to serve pets and people in our community thanks to your support, and right now, we need it more than ever.
70% of our total donations come from our individual supporters like YOU! We receive less than 1% of our funding from the government, so we rely heavily on our supporters. Today, we need your support to help us continue the work we do, saving and ensuring safety of animals throughout our community and the State of Delaware.
No matter the size, all donations make a difference. With your financial support we have been able to provide lifesaving services to the community including daily care and enrichment for all pets at our shelter, until a forever home is found; free pet food and supply bank for pet owners in crisis, pet life line resource hotline to keep pets out of shelters; and a low-cost veterinary clinic to keep pets happy and healthy!
ALL DONATIONS UP TO $50,000 WILL BE MATCHED! www.faithfulfriends.us
Faithful Friends Animal Society has plans to be here for the community for another 20+ years and with your support, we know we can!
Can’t give as much as you’d like today? Consider giving a smaller, automatic monthly gift that will help Faithful Friends sustain our care for animals and provide lifesaving programs.