Job Summary: Drive continuous improvement in animal care programs and customer service. Increase productivity and efficiency and coordinate with the volunteer manager the integration of volunteers into the daily workflow. Improve staff efficiency and program outcome metrics on an ongoing basis while consistently meeting standards of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree and equivalent training and experience.
- 5 years of management experience (in animal welfare preferred but not required). A skilled and experienced professional who is inspired by the opportunities and challenges of working with pets and people.
- Dynamic, motivated, proven leader. A passion to provide the highest standard of care for animals and to be of service to the people who love them.
- The ability to ensure humane, effective, and efficient functioning of all aspects of shelter operations including animal intake, daily care, foster care, adoptions, and customer service.
- Strong interpersonal, computer and customer service skills.
- Ability to think “outside the box” in evaluating programs.
- Oversee day-to-day operations by actively monitoring daily activity and proactively troubleshooting issues as they arise, ensuring regular communication with senior management on issues of concern, barriers to effectiveness and positive improvements. Ensure daily animal care guidelines and protocols are communicated with dog and cat department senior management and that these are followed by animal care teams. Work with senior management to create training tools and improved effective communication methods
- Strategize, develop, and implement time and cost saving initiatives that streamline operations.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and management of all departments (cat, dog and customer service) ensuring morale remains high through a positive work environment. Ensure the communication of all animal care work schedules ensuring all shifts are covered and overtime is minimized.
- Work with senior management of each department (dog, cat and, customer service) to build highly effective teams, provide support and provide feedback in formal and informal review processes in a timely and effective manner to drive continuous improvement and boost morale.
- As a member of the organization’s leadership team, participate in budget and policy development ensuring the business is focused on quality care, efficiency, increased productivity, and cost savings/reductions.
- Participate in and encourage professional development so the senior management and department teams learn best animal welfare practices developing program metrics, tracking and corrective problem-solving.
If you’re inspired to elevate animal welfare in our region, and your unique combination of education and experience provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to excel in providing outstanding service to our clients and the community, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.