Community Outreach Program Coordinator
The best person for this position is a strategic, flexible professional with a passion for working with people and animals to join our team as a part-time Community Outreach Program Coordinator to support our new locally delivered national model Pets for Life program and team. Through door-to-door outreach, the Pets for Life program builds relationships and extends animal care information and resources to an underserved area with limited access to pet care services. The ideal candidate will have significant understanding of systemic issues that affect underserved populations and commitment to serve the community.
Outreach Program Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and support hands-on all aspects of Pets for Life program including relationship
building, door-to-door outreach, data collection, outreach events, and transport to ensure
meaningful, long-term sustainable impact.
- Oversee program to ensure that the program operates according to the Pets for Life model, approach, and philosophy.
- Manage program operating processes to ensure program meets goals as strategically and effectively as possible.
- Cultivate strong relationships with local groups in the focus community to further the Pets for Life program.
- Coordinate animal transport to Faithful Friends’ Affordable Veterinary Clinic with the Volunteer Manager.
A committed and mature leader with the following experience and attributes:
- BS or BA degree with a minimum of three years’ experience in program management preferred
- Experience providing and managing direct services to diverse audiences
- Three years or equivalent supervisory and process management experience
- Significant understanding of systemic issues that affect underserved populations and
commitment to serve the community
- Willingness to work as a team and provide direct support in all areas of program
- Commitment to treat animals and people with respect and kindness
- Ability to effectively communicate about the Pets for Life program to a variety of audiences
- Availability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Employee Discount
A valid Delaware driver’s license, access to a vehicle during work hours, and car insurance required.