Community Outreach Program Coordinator & Animal Caretaker
Faithful Friends Animal Society is a comprehensive, nonprofit animal welfare organization that serves 18,000 pets and 24,000 people a year. We operate a No Kill animal shelter and a stand-alone community veterinary clinic in Delaware. Our compassionate organization provides various programs and services to pet owners to reduce pet relinquishment. We are seeking a Full-Time or Part-Time Community Outreach Program Coordinator and Animal Caretaker to support our new locally delivered national model Pets for Life program and team. The Pets for Life program builds relationships and extends animal care information and resources to an underserved area with limited access to pet care services.
The ideal candidate will have significant understanding of systemic issues that affect underserved populations and commitment to serve the community. The best person to join our team for this position is a strategic, flexible professional with a passion for working with people and animals.
This is a dual position supervising the Pets for Life program in the City of Wilmington and Sparrow Run Community, and Animal Caretaker Responsibilities at Faithful Friends Animal Society’s headquarters in Wilmington.
Outreach Program Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and support hands-on all aspects of Pets for Life program including relationship
building, door-to-door outreach, data collection, outreach events, and transport to ensure
meaningful, long-term sustainable impact.
- Oversee program to ensure that the program operates according to the Pets for Life model, approach, and philosophy.
- Manage program operating processes to ensure the program meets goals as strategically and effectively as possible.
- Cultivate strong relationships with local groups in the focus community to further the Pets for Life program.
- Coordinate animal transport to Faithful Friends’ Affordable Veterinary Clinic with the Volunteer Manager.
Animal Caretaker Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Animal Care experience is a plus and a strong desire to work with a team
- Knowledge of safe animal handling procedures and ability to lift 40+ pounds required
- Ability to handle large breed dogs (up to 100 lbs.)
- Detail-oriented and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Follow instructions and cleaning protocol
- Respectful of all cat and dog breeds
- Responsibilities include:
Cleaning and washing cages in animal living areas
Feeding and providing fresh water
Washing food and water bowls
Providing fresh bedding and assisting with laundry
Observing animals for possible medical issues and monitoring eating habits
A committed and mature leader with the following experience and attributes:
- Associate Degree preferred
- Experience providing and managing direct services to diverse audiences
- Considerable understanding of Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace
- Significant understanding of systemic issues that affect underserved populations and
commitment to serve the community
- Willingness to work as a team and provide direct support in all areas of program
- Commitment to treat animals and people with respect and kindness
- Ability to effectively communicate about the Pets for Life program to a variety of audiences
- Availability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Pet benefits offered for candidates who have pet(s)
- Health Insurance (Full-Time Employment)
- Paid Time Off (Full-Time Employment)
A valid Delaware driver’s license, access to a vehicle during work hours, and car insurance required.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com