Full-Time Shelter Licensed Veterinarian Technician
Faithful Friends Animal Society
We are currently seeking an experienced, Delaware-licensed veterinary technician to join our dedicated team in our non-profit no-kill animal shelter.
This is a high volume, fast-paced environment where our mission is to provide superior medical treatment for the community and shelter pets, as well as high volume spay/neuter and related surgeries.
A veterinary technician experience is required in:
- Restraining pets for exams and minor procedures
- Comfortable with all dogs of all sizes, feral and non-feral cats, and fractious pets
- Skilled at proper way to muzzle a dog and how to use various types of muzzles to safely restrain a dog
- Administering oral and injectable medications
- Educating staff and fosters about pet care and treatment plans
- Preparing pets for and assisting with surgical procedures
- Maintaining patient records
- Independently follow treatment plans set by veterinarians
- Intake, vaccinate, and evaluate new dogs and cats being brought into shelter
- Follow laws and procedures for shelter practice
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working interview required
- AVMA-accredited license program a plus
- Fear Free certification a plus
- Management skills a plus
- Stipend for uniform
- Free vet care, discounted medications and wellness
Faithful Friends Animal Society is a comprehensive, nonprofit animal welfare agency in Wilmington, Delaware, that serves 18,000 pets and 20,000 people a year. We operate a no-kill animal shelter and a standalone, quality community clinic, and provide programs and services to help people keep their pets and to bring the loving touch of animals to people in need through partnerships with human-service organizations.
Competitive compensation package offered. Please send resumes with professional references for consideration to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.