Part-Time Shelter Medicine Veterinarian
Faithful Friends Animal Society
Provides preventative medicine and basic sick care for shelter animals including our short and long-term fosters. Maintains our high standards for patient care. The Veterinarian is supported by a team of skilled veterinary technicians and front desk staff. Able to do surgeries is a plus.
Our shelter clinic features a dedicated exam room and onsite lab. Any candidate must have a Delaware license or be able to obtain one, possess good interpersonal skills, and be ready to join a motivated team who provides quality care.
We are located in New Castle County, Delaware, and have easy access from Philadelphia, Maryland and New Jersey. Our shelter is less than 2 miles from the Interstate 95 interchange.
Competitive salary and compensation package includes coverage of licensing fees and continuing education.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in the State of Delaware or be willing to apply to get your Delaware license (paid for by the company in contract terms – State has an approximate 6-week process)
- Must be able to hold a DEA license
- Firm belief in agency mission, respect for all life, and to preserve life for as long as humanely possible (feral and non-feral, disabled, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for no-kill mission
- Builds effective relationships through positive interaction and communication with the employee team, foster parents, and animal care department managers and staff
Faithful Friends Animal Society is a comprehensive, nonprofit animal welfare agency that serves 18,000 pets and 20,000 people a year. We operate a no-kill shelter and standalone, quality community clinic, and provide programs and services to help people keep their pets and to bring the loving touch of animals to people in need through partnerships with human-service organizations.
Please send resumes with professional references for consideration to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.