Part-Time and Full-Time Veterinarians
Affordable Veterinary Care Clinic
Perform preventative medicine, basic sick care, and surgeries are a plus. Maintain our high standards for patient care and customer service. The Veterinarian advocates for pets, educates clients on all aspects of pet health, ensures a safe and effective environment, and improves both the medical quality and business performance of the clinic. The Veterinarian is supported by a team of skilled veterinary technicians and front desk staff.
Our clinic features dedicated exam rooms, onsite lab, professional reception area, and outdoor seating to foster a positive experience for staff, the animals, and their owners.
Any candidate must have a Delaware license or be able to obtain one, possess good interpersonal skills, and be ready to join a motivated team who provides quality preventative and sick care, surgery, and kindness to all clients and patients. We will consider relief vets.
We are located in New Castle County, Delaware, and have easy access from Philadelphia, Maryland and New Jersey.
Flexible schedule opportunities Monday through Friday, with two Saturdays per month. No emergency or on-call shifts are required with this position.
Competitive salary and compensation package includes coverage of licensing fees and continuing education.
- Work as a team to provide the best possible care and experience for patients and clients
- Help to develop and refine protocols to meet these goals
- Strive to provide a positive working environment for all staff
- Participate in the interview process for new hires and provide feedback
- Participate in staff performance reviews
- Provide mentorship and hands on training to staff where needed
- Identify concerns and bring them to the attention of the Medical Director promptly
- Oversee inventory
- Minimize waste and costs associated with medical and surgical supplies while maintaining high standards
- Maintain DEA drug logs and inventory
- Obtain a site-specific DEA license and CSR
- Perform regular audits (monthly or more frequently if needed)
- Institute a separate inventory system for AVC clinic as an independent location
- Monitor program performance
- Continually look for ways to encourage growth of the program
- Partner with leadership to review financial status of the program including budgeting, planning, and productivity
- Promote and encourage the use of Hippo Management Software throughout the clinic to maximize efficiency and quality patient recordkeeping
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in the State of Delaware, or be willing to apply to get your Delaware license (paid for by the company in contract terms – State has an approximate 6-week process)
- Must be able to hold a DEA license
- Must have experience with high quality, high volume services
- Firm belief in agency mission, respect for all life, and to preserve life for as long as humanely possible (feral and non-feral, disabled, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for no-kill mission
- Builds effective relationships through positive interaction and communication with the community, volunteers, clients, and staff
- Fear Free Program certification a plus
- Funds allocated for CE credits, professional associations, vet license, and controlled drug renewals
Faithful Friends Animal Society is a comprehensive, nonprofit animal welfare agency that serves 18,000 pets and 20,000 people a year. We operate a no-kill animal shelter and a standalone, quality community clinic, and provide programs and services to help people keep their pets and to bring the loving touch of animals to people in need through partnerships with human-service organizations.
Please send resumes with professional references for consideration to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.