Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our Volunteer Program has temporarily been suspended. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to welcome you to our Volunteer Team as soon as possible. If you are interested in volunteering once our shelter is open to volunteers again, please fill out a Volunteer Application so we can contact you as soon as we are able to.
Our Dog Ambassador Program offers volunteers a higher level of interaction with a shelter dog. Each dedicated volunteer is paired with a dog who needs additional enrichment and training to improve their behavior and to relieve stress often associated with shelter life. Dog Ambassadors work closely with our dog training staff to learn training techniques and protocols specifically for their designated dog.
The program is designed to give each dog a fun experience that exceeds its normal routine:
- Car rides
- Walks in the park
- Visits at the ambassador’s home
- Sleepovers with your new best friend
Here’s what’s required:
- Safety first! Leash your designated dog at all times while in public places.
- Commit to quality time with your dog, and go on “field trips” – doing something fun! – with your designated dog.
- Be an ambassador for your designated dog! Take photos or videos to send to the dog training coordinator, share feedback with Faithful Friends’ dog training coordinator on what activities the dog seems to like while with you, and continue the dog’s training so it can become the best possible candidate for adoption.
For more information contact Taylor Boyce, the Dog Behavior & Enrichment Coordinator: